Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Avengers Dress

So, if you've been following me on facebook, you may have notice how I've been going on about the Avengers dress I've been making...It's finished!  And WOW, it was much easier than I thought it would be.

My daughter wanted a 50's style Avengers dress, so we rounded up supplies at JoAnn's Fabric.    Unfortunately, they didn't have the bigger size pattern we wanted.  So we bought the smaller one and I made a muslin of the bodice to see how much we were off.  We weren't!  It fit perfect with a little taking in under the arms.  How easy was that! So I adjusted the pattern pieces and away we went.
My daughter LOVES Captain America so I made sure he was in the center of the bodice!

So far, so good.  She didn't want me to have to make a petty coat to get the fullness she wanted.  So, I added two layers of netting.  The bottom layer was made from the coarser netting and I just doubled the fullness.  The the top layer we added some finer netting the same as the lining in fullness and decided to let these layers show at the bottom.  I adjusted the hem on the dress and the lining so both were finished seams and left the netting unhemmed.

Here is the finished Dress!!!

1 comment:

  1. Cute! I'm sure she loves it!

    I have that pattern, too. =)